IQOS Product Information
What type of product is IQOS?
IQOS is a revolutionary device that heats tobacco instead of burning it, thus producing tobacco aerosol allowing adult consumers to enjoy the true taste of tobacco. The IQOS system provides the true taste of tobacco without fire or ash and with less smell.
What does “heating the tobacco” mean?
IQOS HeatControl™ technology heats the tobacco in a HEATSTICK™ at less than 350 °C without burning it in order to produce an aerosol containing nicotine and true tobacco taste. In comparison, the temperature of tobacco in combustible cigarettes can reach up to 800 °C.
At what temperature does the IQOS system work?
IQOS HeatControl™ technology heats the tobacco of the HEATSTICK™ to a temperature below 350° C without burning it to produce a nicotine-containing tobacco aerosol.
Do HEETS tobacco sticks contain nicotine?
Yes. Nicotine is naturally present in the tobacco used in HEETS and nicotine is addictive. Whilst nicotine is addictive and not risk free it is not the primary cause of smoking related disease.
Is IQOS an e-cigarette?
The IQOS system heats the tobacco without burning it in order to allow adult consumers to enjoy the true taste of tobacco. Unlike electronic cigarettes, the HEATSTICKS™ contain real tobacco.
What am I inhaling when I'm using IQOS?
IQOS heats tobacco to an optimum, carefully controlled temperature that generates tobacco aerosol—not smoke, as is the case with a combustible cigarette. Since there is no combustion, the tobacco aerosol generated by IQOS contains a reduced amount of harmful or potentially harmful substances compared to the smoke of a combustible cigarette. However, using IQOS is not without risk. The best way to reduce tobacco-related health risks is to completely stop using tobacco products.
Can consumers use a conventional cigarette with the IQOS system?
No. The IQOS holder is designed to work only with HEATSTICKS™. Cigarettes will not work with the IQOS system.
What parts of IQOS need to be replaced on a regular basis? How often should I replace them?
If used as set out in the user’s guide, you will only need to replace components once the IQOS Holder battery or Pocket Charger is worn out. The IQOS Holder and Pocket Charger are designed and tested to last approximately 12 Months/7300 cycles (whichever comes first). A cycle represents each charge of the holder OR charger. You can check how many cycles your device has been through in the IQOS Store.
Is it true that the IQOS System creates less smell than cigarettes?
Yes. IQOS heats tobacco rather than burning it, the HEATSTICKS™ generate noticeably less smell than combustible cigarette smoke.
Vapour came out of the holder when I pressed the button to start the session. Is this normal?
It is normal to sometimes see a little bit of vapour coming out of the Holder when the pre-heat process has been started. You may also see a little bit of vapour coming out of the Pocket Charger when the electronic cleaning process is initiated.
Should I always charge my Pocket Charger battery to full power?
No, the Pocket Charger does not require a full charge to work, if the pocket charger is fully charged you may use the holder for up to 20 times.
How long does it take to charge the device the first time?
It takes about 90 minutes to fully charge the IQOS Pocket Charger from an electrical outlet.
Where can I purchase IQOS and the HEETS?
Currently IQOS or HEETS HEATSTICKS™ are available online (www.iqos.ca), in British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan & Ontario or in IQOS Boutiques and select certified retail outlets in British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Ontario & Quebec. You can find a detailed list of stores on the ‘Find IQOS’ icon at the bottom of this page.
Can I use IQOS indoors?
Use of IQOS in public place depends on the regulatory restrictions in the place that is intended to be used and is also at the discretion of the venue owner, as with other vaping products. Consumers should respect the rules of any premises they are in and exercise common sense with respect to where and around whom they use these products, and in particular use responsibly around non-smokers and minors. The composition of the vapour of these products is significantly different than cigarette smoke but, ultimately, a decision on their use in indoor public places will have to be made by the relevant authorities or venue owner.
How do I use the IQOS device?
1. Remove the IQOS holder from the pocket charger.
2. Insert the HEATSTICK™ up to the silver line, tobacco side down.
3. Hold the Heating Button for 3 seconds until the green light begins flashing. When the light turns solid green, you are ready to enjoy.
4. When finished, pull the cap up and remove the HEATSTICK™.
5. When returning the holder to the pocket charger, align the holder with the IQOS name facing out and the charging contacts down.
6. Close the hatch. Please refer to your IQOS user guide for further illustrated information (also found in ‘Tutorials’ section). Alternatively please contact the customer care team at 1-800-304-4033.
How do I charge the IQOS device?
1. Insert the holder into the pocket charger.
2. Press and hold the pocket charger power button to switch on the IQOS device.
3. Once the light on the pocket charger stops pulsing (flashing green light) then the holder is charged (solid green light) and ready for use (may take up to 5 minutes), remove it from the pocket charger. Please refer to your IQOS user guide for further illustrated information (also found in ‘Tutorials’ section). Alternatively please contact the customer care team at 1-800-304-4033.
What do I do if I think my device is faulty?
If your device is faulty you can call IQOS Care where we can make an assessment on your device or you can visit an IQOS Store for a more comprehensive inspection. If your device cannot be fixed we will assess whether it can be replaced without fees.
How do I Heat?
1. Press and hold the Heating Button on holder until the light flashes green. Pre-Heat duration is 20 seconds.
2. When the light turns solid green you can consume a HEATSTICK™ for 6 minutes or 14 puffs, whichever comes first.
3. The last 30 seconds or 2 puffs are indicated when the light turns solid red, after which it will automatically switch off. Please refer to your IQOS user guide for further illustrated information (also found in ‘Tutorials’ section). Alternatively please contact the customer care team at 1-800-304-4033.
How do I maintain and clean the IQOS Holder?
For optimal performance and consistent taste, we recommend that you clean the holder after every 20 HEATSTICKS™.
1. Don’t forget to remove the cap before cleaning and always make sure the holder is switched off before cleaning it.
2. To open the IQOS cleaner, separate the larger Holder brush and smaller Cap brush and remove the pin. Please refer to your IQOS user guide for further illustrated information (also found in ‘Tutorials’ section). Alternatively please contact the customer care team at 1-800-304-4033.